Friday, January 06, 2006

A Blast from the Past!

When I was growing up my absolute favorite comic strip character was Ziggy! Do y'all remember him? I still have a stuffed Ziggy doll in the attic (along with all my pandas, of course). That reminds me - I really appreciated all your great advice on my Panda collection. I haven't done anything with it yet. Well, it's been a little busy since then.....
Anyway, today I was shopping for a new calendar. I had seen a Ziggy desk calendar when I was Christmas shopping last month. I hoped it was still available. My second choice was The Far Side. I love that kind of humor. Well, aparently not a whole lot of people loved Ziggy as much as I did. There were a slew of calendars leftover from Christmas. When I saw Ziggy it just made me smile inside! Ohhh, what a great way to start everyday this year. I just love that little guy! I went to the ziggy website and downloaded Ziggy on his scale.

So, my question for you today is what or who is on your 2006 calendar? AND....

What is your favorite comic stip character?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great questions! Sudoku is on my 2006 calendar - one mind-challenging puzzle for every day of the year! Woohoo!

As for a favorite comic strip, I'd have to say The Far Side. I like that humor, too. I also like Peanuts and Dilbert.

Ashley
http://chapter4.diary-x.com

Seeker said...

I really like Snoopy. He's classic cool; usually self-confident without being obnoxious about it. He's a lovable dreamer with lots of neat ideas and a pretty good philosophy on life.

jettybetty said...

Someone gave me a "Chicken Soup for the Soul" calendar for 2006--I am really enjoying it!

Yes, I remember Ziggy! He's cool!

Dianne said...

Ah, Ziggy! Brings back sweet memories. As far as comic strips go, I'm a big fan of Calvin & Hobbes, and Mutts. I got a Scrabble desk calendar for work this year in hopes it would keep me from playing on the Internet too much! So far it's only served to frustrate me.

Saija said...

i have many calendars ... for all my many moods ... :o)

happy new year! first chance in a while that i get to visit my blog buds ... (((hugs)))

Peg said...

I love hearing about all your calendars and favorite characters. Glad to hear from all of you!

Paula said...

oh man! I wish I'd found a ziggy calendar on sale. He was my favorite, too. I also liked the family circle, now I just live the family circle. Which reminds me. Thanks for thinking I look too young to have a highschooler. Had my 40th birthday this year! LOL