Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Chicken enchiladas and coffee, anyone?

I think it was "Hey, Babe" or something like that. It awoke me around 4 am. I was in the middle of Chuy's chicken enchilada dinner dream with friends. My eyed popped open. My husband was happily snoring beside me. Did he actually say that out loud as he was sleeping or was someone else communicating with me? Well, it worked. I am up! Been up for over an hour now.

Sometimes I think God wakes me up. "Spend some time with me - I miss you", he says suddely. Maybe I woke up because last night I was worried that our new alarm wouldn't beep at us at six. Or maybe those enchiladas were making me really hungry because my stomach was growling at me. After laying in bed for awhile, I decided I better get up and spend some time with God . When He speaks loud enough to wake me up, I listen! Then I decided to lay on my chair and a half in the living room and my mind just kept wandering. Some of my best blog post have come to me in the early hours of the morning. So, thanks to my new lap top I am blogging with my two fluffy pillows and my black fur blanket in the dark. It is now almost 5:30, I am still hungry, wide awake, and writing this post.

Back to reality today. The boys are going back to school. Kevin & I are back at work. Life continues as normal. Making lunches, basketball practice, carpooling, waiting in traffic, homework, erronds that have been put off. Two weeks is a nice length to have a break. Just enough time to rest. I am ready for the normal routine. Really?

Our Christmas break was a great success. I will write about our trip to Amarillo. My boys and I shared some great time together. I am so thankful for them. I love my reality !

Well, my early morning has come to an end. Time to get up and get in the shower. Time to take on the day. I am actually ready to go back to sleep now. Too late! Coffee, anyone?

1 comment:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I have eatten there once!! I am so pleased to know that you prayed for me when you traveled through my home town.

I will get with you this week when I know our schedule in Austin. I am SO EXCITED!!