Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Challenges for the New Year!

Not in any specific order:

Be more disciplined in my prayer and quiet time with God.

Get back in triathlon shape. I haven't swam or biked in many months but I am purchasing a new road bike soon. I will post a picture when I do!

Update and improve my blog. Anyone have any tips or advice for me on this? I would like to jazz it up a bit...... And then start posting on my running blog again.

Work on my arms and abs. Two of my Christmas presents were an Ab Lounger, and weights( Yes, that's what I asked for).

Scrapbook - I am really behind.

Continue getting our new home decorated and organized. It is coming along. We bought some new furniture this weekend. A new recliner, a chaise lounger (I call it a "fainting couch"), and an end table. The end tables we have are ancient!!! I think they are a few years younger than me. I will post pictures when all of them get here. We still have many more purchases to make: A nightstand for me, a dresser, an entertainment center, chairs for the game room, a breakfast table, and more. There is also some painting I would like to do. It will take time!

Entertain more in our home! I have no excuses anymore. I have lot's of room to have friends over. Lot's of partying in 2006!!!!!!!!

I think this is the year that I need to train for the full Marathon for 2007! I am ready to do it but I need someone to do it with me! I know I can do it myself it would just be more fun with a friend.

So, I was curious what I challenged myself to do last year....hmm....oh yea....... here was my New Year Post in 2005. Let's see - I definitely did all these things more: ran, shopped, ate out, blogged, took pictures, and hung out with my guys. Hey, that was easy...... I'm sure this year will be a little more strenuous.

I hope yours is blessed!

Hook Em Horns!!!

1 comment:

Seeker said...

Hi. Thanks for visiting my blog. I see you are a serious runner. I used to be very athletic, but only started jogging again about 6 months ago.
I'll be checking your blog to see how you're doing.
I don't know much about jazzing up a website....
Have fun with those other goals. Entertaining more should be fun for you.