Saturday, April 29, 2006

Step by Step

My twelve year old son wrote this poem for his english class.
My husband and I were impressed with it.

I think he is growing up........

Step by, step by step
She glided through the hall
Walking slowly, walking tall.

I suddenly got the nerve to say hello
Thinking about her soothing soul
She kindly said "hi" back to me
Then she walked off beautiful and pretty.

All day long I thought of the girl
Her and diamond pearls
The ones that shined ever so brightly
I suddenly saw them glowing in the night.

I ran over to achieve my destiny
Hoping she wouldn't get the best of me
I never thought it would turn out like this
She hugged me and gave me a kiss.

Cute, huh?

1 comment:

Saija said...

made me grin ... and remember a sweet & innocent time ...

very sweet poem ...