Friday, April 22, 2005

It's gone

I was feeling quite witty late yesterday afternoon and started writing my post for tomorrow! I was in one of those really good blogging moods. I was very pleased with my post! I wrote almost the entire thing, about four paragraphs and went down to the bottom of the page and pressed: Save as Draft!

POOF! It was gone!!!! Gone forever!!!

And then I thought, "I can get it back with the new and improved Recover Post feature!

Nope! It was gone!

Well, you missed out on my "The Domestic Side of Me" post!

Maybe it will come back another day!

I told my husband about this incident and his reply was:

" You have a domestic side?"

It is really quite humorous, expecially if you had read my post!

**************************************

My 40th birthday is in exactly nine days. Because I have made it a goal in my life to harrass all my friends that have turned 40 before me, I am now getting paid back. My great friend Kim has already been sending me reminder cards about how old I am going to be. Yesterday I received a cute card with a ugly, but cute dog dressed as a chef on the cover. It reads, "If you can't stand the heat......" And the inside says: "...don't light the candles!" And she wrote, "You better inform your local fire department for April 30th!"

Ha! Ha! Ha! I am laughing! It is very funny!


Hope you all have a laughter filled day!

5 comments:

jettybetty said...

If I told my husband that I was blogging on my domestic side, he would say the same thing as yours.
I promise to be nice to you on your bday--9 more days?
What is this with the poof thing? I had a really great comment go poof a few minutes ago. JB

Anonymous said...

Forty's not so bad - especially when you're gonna be 46 in 3 months!

What is supposed to happen when you hit "save as draft?" Shouldn't it actually 'save' it?

Here's what I do, every time now: When you're done, click on the "edit HTML" tab. Then you can copy and save what you wrote. If it goes poof, you can simply paste it back in. I learned the hard way on that one!

Anonymous said...

JB, I also do the copy thing with comments too. You never know when you're get the "page not displayed" error.

Peg said...

Great advice, Gayla! Thank you!

Saija said...

40!!! why are you still a "young thing!" ... really you are Peg! i'm 51 and feel young ... you just have 40 years of experience now ... :o)