Monday, April 18, 2005

Recovering from the weekend!

Weekends around my house are never restful. We spent the majority of ours at the baseball fields in Dripping Springs, a small central Texas town. My husband coaches my son L's baseball team. The team has been very successful this year! The Jammers have played in five tournaments this season. They have placed first place in two tournaments, second in another, and this weekend they received a nice third place plaque ( all shown below). The majority of the boys on L's team have played together since they were four years old. It's a great team of boys and parents. We all get along wonderfully and have a blast together. God has blessed all of us , even my older son, with some special, long-lasting friendships!

I never dreamed that my life as a mom would revolve around sports! I guess I had a feeling I would raise boys. Once when I was a teenager, I saw a mom with four boys walking into the grocery store. I said to my friend, "That is going to be me one of these days". So, here I am- raising totally sports obsessed boys. (Now you know why I stopped at two.) Guess where they get it from? Not me! When my son K was a very small toddler he watched Barney on television and hummed "I love you, you love me, we're a happy family" (The Barney Theme song). When K was a little older he graduated to ESPN and it changed to "Take me out to the ball game, Take me out to the crowd". To this day, the sports channel is on every morning. It is scary how much sports trivia has soaked into my brain over the years. More knowledge than soaked in during my college days.

I don't think I would have it any other way! I love the cheer of the crowd, the crack of the bat, and the sparkle in my boys eyes when they are up to bat, behind the plate, or pitching a fast ball! It is in my blood now!

This morning we all struggled to get out of bed! Kevin is home from work today to recover. They always close the office one day after tax season. Tomorrow we will celebrate his birthday! Everybody tell K-my husband "Happy Birthday" tomorrow! Thanks to TAKS testing, no baseball until Wednesday. We will rest for a whole two days of the week so we can play ball again this weekend in Georgetown!

Play Ball!!!!

Share your weekend with me........

No comments: