Monday, May 16, 2005

Chef K

My twelve year old son has always had a cooking interest! He loves to watch many of the chef shows. Too bad "The Frugal Gourmet" isn't still around. Actually, I think he did something illegal, but I can't remember what it was. It is a great blessing for me to teach K because I love to cook, too! I have thoroughly enjoyed cooking with him. God's little gift to me!

Saturday night he informed me that he was going to cook lunch after church. Why sure, be my guest!!!!! We found his Emeril's There's a Chef in My Family! Cookbook and he made a shopping list! I love it!

His menu consisted of Shrimp Cocktail, Emeril's Con Queso, Salsa, and BBQ Chicken- all from scratch! All of our favorites, of course! It was fabulous! See pic of shrimp, queso, and salsa below.........

Look out for the next famous chef....

Chef K!

2 comments:

Saija said...

i think men make great cooks ... looks yummy!

hope the moving jitters have moved on ... i know what you mean tho' ... the mind forever racing!

Anonymous said...

Yummo! Rachel Ray has a cookbook designed for cooking with your children. Might be a good one to look into. (she's my hero)