Monday, May 02, 2005

My INCREDIBLE Birthday Weekend!

What a weekend! I am not paranoid after all, there were many surprises up my husbands sleeve. What a great guy! What in the world did I do in my life to deserve this unbelievably special husband that God blessed me with? Let me tell you about my trip "Over the Hill".......

As you know on Friday I visited The Crossing with three of my special friends Anne, Mendy, and Corrine. The scenery surrounding this spa as you can see on the web site is absolutely breathtaking! The view alone is worth the trip which is only fifteen minute drive from my home. We arrived there in the morning and they greeted me with a bouquet of balloon and I spied a Brighton gift bag - oooooooo! You know how excited I get about Brighton! Of course they made me carry the balloons everywhere as an announcement to everyone that it was my birthday! I don't like drawing attention to myself, but it was a sweet gesture on their part!

After putting on our soft white robes and slippers, I proceeded to my first treat which was a Thai Lemongrass Coconut Hand and Foot treatment. It was incredible! The smells alone were relaxing. My favorite part was the hand and foot massage. Later I headed out to the pool area and relaxed in the hot tub and lounged by the pool overlooking the waterfall and hills surrounding the lake in the distance. The girls brought champagne, snacks, and magazines and we just visited and relaxed by the pool soaking up the sun. Later I enjoyed a deep tissue massage. We enjoyed lunch outside under the trees looking over the hillside. They showered me with cards and a very generous Brighton gift card. We had a blast! The best part was spending the day with three very special friends that God has blessed me with.

Later that evening my husband informed me that we were going to get a bite to eat after my son's baseball practice. I had a feeling that something was up his sleeve, but wasn't sure if it was my paranoia stepping in. My friend Donna called and said that I need to come by her house to pick up my ring that she was repairing. K chimed in that we should run my her house quickly. At that point I was almost positive that something was up! As we turned the corner I saw a cul-de-sac full of cars and my friends pouring out of Donna's house. They were snapping pictures of me as I was exiting the car. You would of thought I was Julia Roberts arriving at The Oscars. It was funny. My husband and friends April and Donna had planned a girls night out party with food, drinks, cake, and thirty of my closest girlfriends in attendance! It was , again, incredible! They showered me with gifts which was totally unacceptable! I got home at 2am.

On Saturday, my boys took me out for breakfast. We spent a relaxing day at home together. That night we went out with my spa friends and their husbands to The Melting Pot, a new restaurant in town. It was, again, incredible!!!! We were the loudest table in the place that night. They sang happy birthday to me six times along with the other tables around us. We ate an incredible meal! I laughed so hard for three hours I had a headache! Then we headed to a karaoke bar, sang and danced, and returned home to our children at 1 am.

This was by far the best birthday I have ever celebrated. Well, at least that I can remember. Your memory is the first to go at this old age! I was absolutely blown away by my husband, my friends generosity, and the precious time spent with all of them! I will include several pictures of the event later.

Note to self: I am too old to stay up this late everynight!!!!!!!

Kevin - you outdid yourself this time!
Thank you for my incredible birthday weekend!

THANK YOU GOD FOR MY INCREDIBLE LIFE!

6 comments:

Renee said...

So glad you had a wonderful birthday weekend!!:-)

daisymarie said...

I am so happy you had such a happy birthday weekend. It sounds truly incredible...and totally what you derserved!

May the blessings keep coming!

Peg said...

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great guy to plan such wonderful things for you!!! I'm so glad you had a Happy, Happy Birthday!!! :)

jettybetty said...

Birthdays just keep getting better, too!
Glad this one was "incredible"!
JB

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had such a great birthday weekend! The spa sounds wonderful, too! I can only hope my 40th is even half as fun...

Ashley
http://chapter4.diary-x.com