Friday, May 06, 2005

It is a small small world!

Do you have any great "Small World" stories?

Here is one that happened to me this week:

Last week I went to a grocery store in another area of town because it is a really big, new store. I like to stop there if I am in the area and pick up groceries. As I was walking down the isle I saw an old college friend that I haven't seen in many years. I knew he lived in the area but in the nine years that I have lived here I have never run into him. We visited for a few minutes and I met his wife and three boys. We have a mutual friend that lives in the area as well. He told me that they were moving the next day to a new house and this friend was going to be helping them. He also told me what neighborhood he was moving to. I knew of it because I have a friend who lives there as well. So.... we went our separate ways.

On Tuesday I was heading to my friends Paula's house to run. We run together on Tuesday's and Friday's near her neighborhood. She lives in a new home in the same neighborhood that the old college friend told me he was moving to. As I was driving to her home I wondered if they live near each other. Then I remembered the house next to Paula's was finished and her new neighbors were soon moving in. I wondered what the odds were that my college friend was moving into that house. Nay...... that couldn't be the case.

When I arrived, I asked Paula about her new neighbors. She told me they have three little boys. I said, "Is the man's name Wayne?" "Yes", she replied. My college friend is Paula's new neighbor. So again that day I was able to visit with him.

Wow, what a small world!

Tell me your stories!!!!!

1 comment:

Renee said...

In high school i worked with a guy in TN. We both worked at the local grocery store. Well i moved from TN after High School to PA. Well a couple years ago i was at the mall here in our town in PA. Imagine my surprise when i locked eyes with a guy in the food court that looked just like my friend Paul from Tn. It was him!!! I couldn't believe it! He ran up to each other and hugged. It had been 8 years since i saw him last. He was visiting family in the area. He was with his fiance which i knew as well. She was coming out of a store when she saw us. It was just unreal. VERY small world!!