Saturday, March 19, 2005

I've got the Joy

"Joy is the echo of God's life within us."
Joseph Marmion

A short note before I am off to my very busy day!
Are you joyful this day? Joy is deep within us. Not happy. Not glad. Not just in a good mood. You could even be mad or unhappy, but you still have God's joy deep inside you that radiates from your face and sparkels through your eyes.

We used to sing a song when I was a child growing up at church:

I've got the joy,joy,joy,joy down in my heart. Where? Down in my heart.
I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart. Where? Down in my heart to stay.
And I'm so happy, so very happy
I have the love of Jesus in my heart. Down in my heart!

Do you have the joy?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joy - an interesting state of being. It's hard to truly grasp the concept sometimes. You're right though, about it not being an emotion like being happy or in a good mood. I guess I would describe it as an underlying peace or serenity. A confidence of faith in God. The peace that passes all understanding - in the midst of life. A total dependence on God and complete trust in His sovereignty.

Anyway, my random thoughts on the subject. Thanks for causing me to ponder it for a while!