Wednesday, March 09, 2005

S.L.O.B.

Would it be extremely rude of my to call my Sweet Lovable Original Boys - slobs? As I was vacuuming the living room today I came across several interesting signs of my children. (I need to hear shouts of awe and amazement from all of you because cleaning doesn't take place often in my home!) I found the following items on my floor and under my couch cushions: (More applause and celebration because I actually exerted the strength and energy to lift the cushions and vacuumed underneath- Come on - I have big couch cushions)

Small pieces of popcorn and uncooked kernels
paper clips that have been bent out of shape
dry cereal (looked like frosted flakes)
one dirty sock
fluorescent green air soft gun pellets
Dorito crumbs (I think- they were orangish)
a broken pencil lead
dried mud
a smudge of chocolate (I hope that's what it is......Only moms are known to touch a strange substance with their finger and lift it to our nose to smell it)
two balls
a baseball hat
one remote control (we have about five of them for one tv)

And that's just in the living room. I won't even go near their bedroom and bathroom! Yikes! (my favorite exclamation word)

Where did I go wrong? How did I fail? What happen to my sweet, lovable, original and clean boys? An oxymoron! Hey, this is becoming a very impressive post - I am actually using some big words!

Remember that game on Sesame Street - "One of these things is not like the other, One of these things just doesn't belong"? If you look at the list above, they all pretty much point to a boy except for one that doesn't quite belong. Can you figure out which one it is?
I will explain later!

10 comments:

Jammie J. said...

Hooray for cleaning! Must be the early spring bug? :)

Jammie J. said...

Hooray for cleaning! Must be the early spring bug? :)

Lori Seaborg said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lori Seaborg said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lori Seaborg said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lori Seaborg said...

My guess is the Baseball Cap...because my 9yo boy would be guilty of all of them except that one. The remote wouldn't be have been *lost* if it were him, though -- he HIDES it under the couch cushions so his siblings won't find it!

Anonymous said...

My husband and I are both clean people. He more than me. (I often say I married a man just like good ole mom!) Anyway, our dear son must have come from another planet. I don't dare open the dresser drawers or the closet! Our whole house is really pretty clean - and then there's his room. Pathetic. :)

Anonymous said...

Must be the chocolate. Ummm. Now who would have a chocolate stash around the house?

K

Anonymous said...

My guess is the bent paperclips. It's the only one I would be guilty of.

Peg said...

Anonymous - You are the winner!!! Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding (those are the correct answer sound effects!)
Most boys, at least my boys usually don't play with paperclips, but lately my son K has this annoying habit of destroying the clips and leaving them around the house!